15 minute comfort carbs ?
Making my own sauce can be fun, but sometimes I just want something quick and don’t want 100 pots to clean. It only costs a fiver for all the ingredients you need for this, and I had loads left to spare after making two huge portions…other than the veggie meatballs because they’re just ?
– Pop some Linda McCartney tomato and basil meatballs (£2.20) in the oven for 12 mins
– While the meatballs are cooking, boil some water in a kettle, throw it in a pot and add spaghetti (20p a packet)
– While the spaghetti is cooking, fry any veg you want in a pan. I added some red onions I had in the freezer (£1 a packet) and some fresh mushrooms (95p a tub) from the fridge. I also seasoned with garlic powder because garlic is the ONE, but you don’t need to do this if you’re not obsessed like me/don’t want to smell of garlic for weeks to follow
– When the meatballs are ready, add them to the pan and add your sauce. My favourite is the Tesco onion and garlic pasta sauce (65p a jar)
– Rinse the water from your spaghetti, add some salt and garlic powder and give it a stir
– Then it’s time to plate up! I always like to sprinkle dried basil on to spag bol for a herby taste, and I also think it makes it look way fancier than it is, but that isn’t necessary either. Garlic powder, dried basil and any other spices/herbs I use are usually about 80p – £1 for a jar and last ages.
Bon appetite ??
#veganrecipe #veganfood #veganfirst_daily #veganlife #veganlifestyle #veganuk #italianfood #italianrecipe #vegandinner #veganrecipeshare #recipeoftheday #plantbasedrecipes #plantbaseddiet #plantbased #plantbasedfood #plantbasedmeals #plantbasednutrition #plantbasedvegan #plantbasedfoodie