Pesto Both Worlds ?
If you haven’t already tried making your own basil pesto then I really recommend you do. I love to play around with this recipe and add whatever I like to it, feel free to get as creative as you desire.
2 fresh bunches of fresh basil (large stems removed)
3 Tbsp pine nuts (optional)
2-3 large cloves garlic
2 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp sea salt
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
3-6 Tbsp water (plus more as needed)
1. Add the basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt into a blender or food processer and blend/mix on high until a loose paste forms.
2. Begin adding the olive oil a little at a time and scrape down sides as needed. Then add 1 Tbsp water at a time until the desired consistency is reached (For an oil-free recipe, sub the oil for water)
3. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
4. Perfect as is or for adding to sauces, pizzas, veggies etc..
5. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
3. Taste and adjust flavour as needed. a dip? As a creamy pasta? On pizza? Let me know in the comments below