Happy Monday beautiful people ♥️
We had a fun outing to the farmers market this weekend. I picked up some King Oyster mushrooms and seeded buns for lunch and made these delicious BBQ Pulled Mushroom Burgers 😍
King Oyster mushrooms are so easy to shred and here’s how 🍄 Hold the head of the mushroom with one hand. With the other, tear through the stem of the mushroom with a fork, rotating the mushroom as you go. This will form long uneven strips. Remove them from the head of the mushroom and break the head into smaller pieces. Check out the story in my ‘How To’ highlights for a visual example ☺️
These pulled mushrooms can be enjoyed on buns like 👇🏻, on pizzas, tacos, in pies, you name it.
This recipe serves 2-4 depending on what you enjoy it with. Happy cooking 🌱
2 tsp Olive Oil
500g King Oyster Mushrooms, shredded
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Bbq Sauce
1. In a large pan, heat the oil over high.
2. Add the mushrooms. Don’t stir them straight away. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes between each stir to let them get some colour.
3. Cook them until most of the liquid has evaporated. Should take 8-10 minutes.
4. Stir in the onion and garlic powder before adding the bbq sauce. Mix until well combined.
5. And you’re done! Add it to whatever dish you’re making and enjoy 😉
Hope you all have a fantastic week 🔥