Habanero Oat Milk Ramen ? ?
Ever since I went to Mexico and tried the habanero ramen from @vramen_mx, I have been wanting to put habanero in my bowls. The menma, noodles, tofu (chashu), and habanero oil are all made from scratch. If I can make my own oat milk that is satisfyingly creamy, I would be at 100% homemade ingredients and very proud. Oat Milk + Habanero is a win ??????
– 150ml Oatly (normal fat)
– 150ml Water
– 12.5g Aka miso
– 12.5g Shiro miso
– 15g Sake Lees
– 15ml Habanero Oil
– 7ml Shio Tare. (Mine is roughly 10% salinity)
Habanero Oil Recipe:
1. Deseed and gut 6-7 small habanero peppers. This makes them less spicy. You only want the mildly spicy and sweet orange flesh of them. Thinly slice them.
2. Peel and thinly slice 4-5 large shallots. My shallots came to roughly ~350g.
3. Add everything to a medium pot and add enough canola oil to cover everything.
4. Gently fry on medium low heat until all of the solids are golden brown and crisp.
5. Strain out the solids. The oil you can use in ramen, or really to enhance anything American from pizza to burgers. The crunchy shallots/habanero is amazing when added to fried rice.
This was only practice. I’ll be reposting a better version of this when I make it for my entire house ?
#vegan #vegana #veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #food #foodporn #eat #veganlife #veganlifestyle #vegans #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #? #vegansofig #govegan #crueltyfree #hungry #ramen #veganramen #japanesefood #noodles #?