🍂Golden Pumpkin 🎃 Marinade Tofu🍂
It’s officially start of fall 🍁 and it would not be fair to start a fall recipe without pumpkin.
Check out this new vegetarian 🌱 tofu recipe. Its super healthy and keto friendly as well!
Use fresh pumpkin rather than pumpkin puree, it makes a great difference In taste and quality.
1. Sweet pie Pumpkin (Note use this variety and not the you use for carving during Halloween). [OR] Canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie puree).
2. Turmeric Powder
4. Nutmeg powder (Optional)
5. Monk Fruit Extract
6. Olive Oil
7. Any Milk 🥛 of choice
8. White Onion
9. Salt and Pepper
10. Fresh Parmesan Cheese
11. Fresh Rosemary (Optional)
Instructions for Roasting Whole Pumpkin:
1. Cut the pumpkin into 2 and scoop out the seeds of the pumpkin using a spoon. Do NOT throw away the seeds, they can be roasted and makes a great salad topping
2. Massage the inner side of pumpkin with Olive Oil, season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 420 F and roast the pumpkin with inner side facing down for about 45-50 mins.
4. Then scoop out the flesh and blend it in a high speed blender with milk to thin it out.
5. To a large sauce pan, add some olive oil and sauce onions. Add some turmeric for some extra yellow color and sauce until the raw smell goes away.
6. Then pour this pumpkin puree and bring it to simmer.
7. Add some cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg, cardamom and some monk fruit for some sweetness.
8. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix until the mixture is heated. Add freshly grated parmesan cheese. Add some milk to thin it out if needed
9. This makes a great base for some crispy tofu or pasta/pizza sauce or even a nice salad dressing.
Dinner 🍴🍴with @nandakumarsundararajan
#vegeterianrecipes #fallrecipes #fall2020stacks #cleaneats #cleanfood #vegetarianrecipes #vegetarianfood #healthyliving #tofurecipes #veganrecipes #vegan #proteinpacked #foodographyfest #foodgasm #eeeeeats #frommykitchen #fallvibes #pumpkinspiceeverything #pumpkin #keto #ketorecipes #ketolifestyle #healthyliving #healthyrecipes #foodphotography #foodiesofinstagram #healthfoodie