✨A Balanced Plant-Based Pizza.✨ Dreams really do come true!
Of course, your pizza doesn’t always have to be balanced – eating does NOT have to be perfect! However if you wanted to incorporate a balanced pizza with veggies and plant-based protein into your recipe Rolodex – you need to try this Balsamic Veggie Pizza! The recipe is below. ??
* 2 tbsp avocado oil
* 1 large red onion
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 cup (8 ounces) brussels sprouts, shaved
* 4 individual naan breads/individual pizza crusts
* 1 14 oz block of tofu, pressed and cubed
* avocado oil spray
* 2 cups vegan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place a pizza stone on the middle rack if you have one. Slice your onions into thin rounds (the thinner you slice them, the faster they will cook).
2. To prepare the red onions, warm 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the onions are nice and soft. Pour in the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine. Continue cooking, uncovered, for a few more minutes, until the balsamic vinegar has condensed and mostly absorbed into the onions. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. While the onions are cooking, add the cubed tofu to another frying pan, sprayed with oil and brown each side.
4.Top the naan bread with an even layer of cooked red onions, followed by vegan cheese, followed by the brussels and then the cubes tofu.
5.Transfer one pizza to the oven at a time (if you don’t have a baking stone, bake your pizza on a cookie sheet). Bake until the crust is golden, the cheese is bubbly and the Brussels sprouts are crispy on the edges, about 10 to 14 minutes. Repeat with remaining pizza, if you have one.