Watermelon salad! Perfect for the summer heat and a family picnic. Now when I cook, I cook big….so please modify the amount of each ingredient to meet your needs. This salad rocks 🍉🍉🍉🥒🥒🥒🍈🍈🍈🍉🍉
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
This recipe as is makes a huge salad, great for family sharing. Of course you can modify the amounts for you needs. Have fun!
* 1 Seedless watermelon (I used a whole watermelon for this recipe)
* 3 Cucumbers (I used English cucumbers)
* 1 large red onion or any type of onion you like
To prepare the Watermelon Cucumber Salad
* Cut the watermelon into bite size pieces. I cut the tops off the watermelon, then the sides so that I have a block. Then you can easily cube the watermelon into nice and beautifully shaped bite size pieces.
* Up to you whether you peel the cucumber or not, be sure to wash it well if you leave the skin on. I leave the skin on, as I prefer to enjoy the extra nutrients in the skin of the cucumber. Cut the cucumber into bite size pieces Slice the red onion into thin slices to give the salad another element of texture to the salad.
* Add all the above into a large bowl.
For the Tangy Sweet Dressing:
1/2 c fresh squeezed lime juice
* 4 T maple syrup or other sweetener of your choice
* A handful of fresh mint leaves
* 2 T oil
* Sea salt to taste
* Pepper to taste
To prepare the dressing:
* Put all ingredients, except the oil, salt and pepper in your food processor or blender. Blend till smooth. Will be very liquid.
* Slowly add in the oil as you continue to mix Taste, add salt and pepper to your taste.
* Pour the tangy/sweet dressing on salad ingredients and mix till all the fruit and vegetables are covered.
* Take to your next picnic or family gathering and watch you family and friends enjoy the fruits of your labour.
* Pass this recipe forward too so everyone can share with their family and friends!! Enjoy your Watermelon Cucumber Salad.
Recipe also on my website, link here…
Looking for plant-based RECIPES?
#watermelon #watermelonsalad #salad #cucumbers #cucumbersslad #rawvegan #summer #govegan #easyrecipes