#Dolma Or #Dorma is a family of stuffed dishes found in the Balkans, Central Asia and the Middle East.
Similarly, Bengali culture adopted the concept and a very famous recipe evolved #Potoler_Dolma or #Potoler_Dorma which can be served along with phulkas or rotis. It is a delicious curry of parboiled potol or parwal (pointed gourd), stuffed, shallow fried and sauteed in a spicy, tasty gravy.
• pointed gourd (potol / parval)
• 15 Cashew nuts
• 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 tbsp mustard oil
• to taste salt
• 2 Onions
• 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
• 2 Tomatoes, chopped
• 2 Green Chillies, chopped
• 100 gms paneer, grated
• 2 dried figs, finely chopped
• 2 dates, finely chopped
• 5 almond (blanched and peeled), chopped
• 5 pistachios, finely chopped
• 10 Raisins
• 1 tsp sugar
• A pinch of salt
• Heat 2 cups of water and when it starts to boil, add the peeled and deseeded parwal.
• Let it boil for 3-4 minutes only. Drain the water and pat dry the par boiled parwal and set it aside. Grind all the ingredients given under ‘for the gravy’ into a puree in a grinder and set it aside.
• In a bowl, add the crumbled paneer, dry fruits, sugar, salt and mix well.
• Stuff all the parboiled parwal carefully without breaking it.
• You can tie the stuffed parwal with a thread if you are going to deep fry them. Heat oil in a wide pan and shallow fry the stuffed parwal over low flame till they are uniformly browned on all sides. Remove them and set it aside.
• Heat the same pan with the remaining oil (residue) and temper with cumin seeds.
• Add ginger-garlic paste and saute, then add the ground tomato onion puree, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, all spice powder and cook over low flame till the oil separates on the sides of the pan.
• Stir in the cashew nut paste and mix well.
Now, add the shallow fried stuffed parwal and cook covered for just 2-3 minutes and switch off.
• Serve hot.
#easyrecipes #tasty #tastyrecipes #deliciousfood #healthyfood #spicy #quickrecipes #vegetarianfood #cheflife #recipes #delicious