Carrot pudding with buttered bananas and chocolate. One of our favourite Indian desserts is Gajar Halwa and this is it with our twist on it.
1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
5 tablespoons of milk (of your choice I used almond milk)
1 teaspoon of Ghee
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
5 strands of saffron
Chocolate about 6-7 pieces
1. Peel and grate all the carrots
2. Put the ghee in the a pan and add the grated carrots and keeping mixing.
3. Once the carrots start to soften add the milk and then the sugar if you want to add it. I did not as the bananas already have a natural sweetness.
4. Then add the cardamom and the saffron to the carrot mix and keep mixing until the carrots start sticking together.
5. In another pan add the butter and melt it and slice the bananas and put them in to soften. Once softened leave in the pan.
6. Start melting the chocolate
7. This is a dessert we love to have hot so start plating. Add the carrot pudding to a plate I used a shaping ring to get a round layer. Add the buttered bananas then the chocolate on top.
8. To finish off I added a sprinkle of my dried orange zest. Scroll further down on my feed to see how I made that at home.
Grab some spoons and dive in it tastes the best when it’s hot. This is one dessert that never looks as great as it tastes because it’s best hot and I never like wasting time on making it look pretty!!!
#halwa #gajarhalwa #indiandessert #vegan #veganfood #veganrecipes #vegetarian #vegetarianfood #vegetarianrecipes #hotdessert #sweettooth