Vegan Chicken Saag using @gardein chicken strips ?
I know curry can be intimidating BUT coconut curry is soooo yummy! If it’s your first time having curry i would suggest Thai coconut curry and see how you like it ! It’s a spicy creamy consistency with veggies and tofu omg so good. Anyways here’s the recipe to make at home ! ( saag is Indian but since I used coconut milk it has Thai vibes )
* 1 pound gardein chicken strips
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 medium onion
* 4 cloves garlic minced (I used 6 lol )
* 1 teaspoon fresh ginger chopped
* 1 pound spinach ( aka 3-4 big handfuls )
* 1 tablespoon garam masala
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* 1/2 teaspoon of each – cumin, cardamom, and coriander OR curry powder ( it has all these spices )
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
* 1 tablespoon butter
* Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
* Heat the butter in a large pan OR pot to medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger simmer until fragrant, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes,or until soften.
* Add the gardein chicken and cook, stirring a bit, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken crisps up a little
* Add the spinach a handful at a time and cook it down, stirring as you go. Cook for 5 minutes. The spinach will break down considerably.
* Stir in the seasonings and the milk. Stir to make sure everything is evenly incorporated. Simmer for 20-25minutes.
* Garnish and serve! You can add cilantro on top , like to serve mine with brown rice ? Step by step how to make in my highlights!
#vegancoconutcurry #vegancurry #vegan #coconutcurry #veganlunch #veganfood #curry #vegansofig #food #plantbased #vegancommunity #plantbasedcurry #veganrecipes #whatveganseat #veganfoodie #vegancoconut #plantbasedpower #powerbyplants #veganfamily #healthyvegan #homemadecurry #veganchef #plantbasedvegan #veganinspo #indiancurry #veganlife #veganfoodporn #veggies #vegans #thaicurry