November 13, 2020 is 🔸 National Chick’n Nuggets Day 🔸
🌱 So these might be the tiniest Vegan chick’n nuggets (nugglets?) ever, and not really great for dipping unless you have equally tiny fingers, but they have that “chick’n nugget” flavor – I eat them sprinkled on potatoes 🥔
💡 credit to @itdoesnttastelikechicken for the excellent recipe for “Baked Tofu Bites” 👩🏻🍳
Itty Bitty Chick’n Nugglets
14 ounce extra firm tofu, drained and thoroughly pressed
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari
1 teaspoon garlic powder
small pinch of pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Mix nutritional yeast, olive oil, tamari, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl
3. Break pressed tofu into tiny pieces and let fall into the bowl.
4. Thoroughly coat tofu pieces with mixture.
5. Spread coated tofu pieces onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through and checking every few minutes towards the end. They should be lightly browned – depending on the size of your pieces, you may need to take them out earlier to prevent burning or leave them in longer to get a bit more crispy.
#veganchickennuggets #veganfoodholidays #happleyvegan #veganfood #veganrecipes #vegankids #veganfun #tofu #tofunuggets #vegandinner #whatveganseat #tofurecipes