Lemony Rosemary Orzo with Chickpeas!🤩
This is another great shoulder season dish. The rosemary brings us Fall vibes, but it’s still light enough for a warm evening. Seriously, lemon and rosemary are a match made in heaven!! 😇
Check out my Story Highlight of the same name for the process (sound on!) 😌
– 1/4 cup evoo
– 1 small white onion, chopped
– 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tbsp chicken stock or veggie stock powder/concentrate
– 1 cup water
– 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 1 tsp chilli flakes
– 10 turns of black pepper
– 5 turns of salt
– 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
– 1 lemon worth of zest
– 1 lemon worth of juice
– 1/2 cup parmigiana reggiano, grated
– 2 cups orzo
– 1 tbsp butter
– Crispy capers as garnish, optional
– Add evoo to medium heat Dutch oven. Once oil is shimmery, add onion.
– Once onion is translucent, add garlic (about 5 minutes).
– Add seasoning and stock concentrate (I used Better than Bouillon, Chicken)
– Once all incorporated, add chickpeas and water.
– Let water get to a simmer (about 5 minutes), then add rosemary.
– Once brothy chickpeas have simmered and water is reduced by half (about another 10 minutes), drop your orzo into salted boiling water.
– Cook orzo for 2 minutes less than al dente.
– Add orzo to chickpea pot and stir vigorously.
– Add parmigiana reggiano and a splash of pasta water.
– Toss until coated and glossy.
– Add butter and a splash more pasta water. Keep tossing!!!
– Once you are happy with the texture (aka glossy goodness), add lemon zest and juice.
– Toss again, and serve!
– Garnish with crispy fried capers!!!