🔥GOCHU-HINI FIRECRACKER NOODLES (VE)🔥
Yup- here I am with the Gochujang again. To be fair, you can sub Siraacha here for the gochu, & peanut butter for the tahini. But thanks to everyones favourite domestic goddess, I have these two ingredients in my fridge, so I’m coming up with new ways to make use of them.
I must say my tongue tingles even now at the thought of these noodles. The bitter, nutty taste of the tahini mingles with the sweet, fiery kick of pepper paste to dance across the tastebuds in a wonderfully satisfying, yet dangerously moreish pas de deux. Definitely my new go- to noodles.
I serve mine with leftover chicken, but my vegan friends should rest assured that this is a stunner without – you could even use meat free chicken alternatives or aubergine to top this. The trick is to drizzle some of the sauce into the pan as you fry the topping separately. They’ll build up the most tangy salty crust that contrasts beautifully with the fresh vegetables.
– 85g Egg noodles (about 1/4 340g pack)
– 4 spring onions. (Whites and light green chopped into 3/4 cm pieces, dark green chopped and reserved for garnishing)
– Bag stir fry veg or whatever crunchy veg you have
– Holy Trinity:
(3 garlic cloves, 1 fresh chilli, 1 thumb sized piece of ginger finely chopped)
1 Tsp Tahini
1 Tsp Gochujang (if using Siraacha use 2 Tbsp of this instead)
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tsp water
– Cover noodles with boiling water in a bowl. Leave to soak until ALMOST cooked, and then drain and set aside. Drizzle with sesame oil and coat using your hands so that they don’t stick to eachother.
– Get a screaming hot frying pan and add your holy trinity into a little oil. Pop your topping of choice into the pan, give it a stir, and then add 2 Tbsp of your sauce, mixing it through. Keep an eye on this pan, giving it a shake now and then (If you have sesame seeds to hand, whack a handful of these in too, they’re tremendous)
– Once your topping looks beautifully charred, add spring onions and take the off the heat. Stir fry your veg in a hot wok with the rest of your holy trinity for 3 mins, then add your noods.
Combine & Enjoy!