Corn Ribs Recipe as promised!
I am awful at writing recipes so hopefully the ratios are right! 🤞🏼
Corn Ribs (makes 12 long “ribs”)
3 x Corn on the Cob (husked and with the tip cut off)
3-4 Tbsp Vegan Butter, melted
2 tsp Dried Coriander
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 1/2 tsp Paprika
Salt and Pepper
1 Cup Black Rice
2/3 Cup Lentils (I used green, but any will work)
1 Stock Cube (vegan chicken style or veggie) – optional
1/2 – 1 Avocado, cubed
1/3 Cup Frozen Edamame (out of the shell)
A good handful of fresh coriander, roughly torn/chopped
Juice of one lime (two if it’s a bit of a dud and not too juicy)
Salt and Pepper
Sriracha / Chipotle Mayo
Smoky BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 190C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Cook black rice and frozen edamame as per packet instructions and set aside for later
3. Cook lentils as per packet instructions, adding the stock cube to the water at the start. This is optional, but gives them a really nice flavour. Set aside for later
4. Stand the corn up vertically with the wider part on your board and cut in half lengthwise. Tapping the top of the knife with my palm and the corn against the chopping board helps to get through the core.
5. Once the corn is cut in half, cut those pieces in half again – giving you 4 ribs per cob of corn
6. Mix herbs and spices into the melted butter and using a pastry brush, cover each rib in the spiced butter mixture. Alternatively, you can pour it on and use your hands to massage it into the corn.
7. Bake in the oven (or air fryer) for 25-30 minutes, or until the corn is cooked to your liking. Just make sure not to overcrowd.
8. While these are cooking, you can prepare your salad. Combine all ingredients (except the avocado) in a large bowl and mix to combine.
9. Once combined, gently mix the avocado through, being careful not to squash it. Garnish with additional coriander.
10. Once the ribs are cooked, cover with your choice of sauce and eat! Smoky BBQ for a more traditional rib flavour or chipotle mayo for more Mexican vibes.
#vegan #veganfood #vegansofig #vegansofcanberra #deliciousnotdeadly #cornribs