CHIK’N, F*TA AND BROCCOLI TABOULEH 🥗
Can I get a HEALTH YEAH?! I was able to take part in a wonderful online event this evening with @superdrug who arranged for a cook along with the lovely @doctorbowl with ingredients from @boxxfresh! In true veegboi style, I may have got a *little* sidetracked and free-styled the recipe with my own twists and changes. I know a lot of you are always struggling for lunch inspiration so I wanted to share this hybrid recipe which was absolutely delicious!
250g brown rice
4 shallots (or 2 red onions)
8 vine ripened tomatoes
1 handful fresh mint
2 handfuls fresh parsley
200g vegan ‘chicken’ (or tofu/tempeh/extra chickpeas)
1 tin chickpeas
1 tin pinto beans
1 block @violife_foods Greek style ‘feta’
salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp mixed seeds (for serving)
1. Add brown rice to 500mL water. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, making sure to use a lid and simmer.
2. Chop broccoli into florets and add to a food processor to get fine pieces.
3. Chop the shallots (or onions) into fine piece.
4. Cut the tomatoes into 1/8 ‘s and cucumber into 1/4 ‘s length ways before slicing.
5. Finely chop the mint and parsley.
6. Remove seeds from a pomegranate.
7. When the rice is almost cooked, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a frying pan and gently fry vegan ‘chicken’ pieces.
8. Add the chickpeas and beans (after draining), shallots, broccoli and spinach to slightly heat them and wilt spinach.
9. Once everything has cooled, get a huge mixing bowl and add the rice, chicken, chickpeas, veggies, herbs and pomegranate seeds.
10. Squeeze over the lemon and drizzle the olive oil before mixing it together. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Crumble the full block of vegan feta over the top.
12. Sprinkle the seeds over the top and serve!
This wonderful recipe makes a whopping 5 portions which means it’s lunch for the entire week and it’ll keep in the fridge for up to 4 days! Let me know what you think of this? And show @doctorbowl some love as there wouldn’t have been a recipe for me to tweak! 💚